Contact a church.

Contact a church.

Traditional pastors and ministers aren’t the only people who can perform weddings.

Dynamic Graphics Group/Dynamic Graphics Group/Getty Pics

Related Articles

  • 1 How to Become a Nonreligious Wedding Officiant
  • Two How to Find a Deceased’s Last Known Address
  • Trio How to Conduct a Funeral for Non-Christians
  • Four How to Become an Ordained Minister in Iowa to Perform a Wedding Ceremony

Locating a wedding officiant is an significant task. The wedding industry is thriving, and in most cities and even puny towns, people are available to conduct wedding ceremonies. Talk with friends, family and wedding planners if you are hesitant as to exactly what you are looking for. Don’t be afraid to shop around, as some officiants will put a lot of effort into the private aspect of your ceremony, while others will just go through the motions. Pay attention to officiant references, as previous customers will be able to give the best advice.

Contact a church. Some ministers or pastors will perform marriage ceremonies whether you are a member of the congregation or not. If you already belong to a church consult your pastor, minister or priest. This is a common duty for those in this profession and often he or she will be more than glad to help on your big day. Sometimes, there is a set fee for the service and in other situations, donations are acceptable.

Search your local yellow pages for wedding chapels, wedding services, wedding planners or wedding consultants. Under these listings ,you will find a multitude of services. Chapels often have someone on mitt who conducts weddings. Also, wedding planners are knowledgeable and will be able to provide you with a multiplicity of options to fit your situation.

Talk to a friend or family member about becoming ordained online. This is a legal option that will permit you to choose the person to conduct your ceremony. There may be a fee with the process. This should be ended at least six months prior to the wedding so that your friend or family member will be certified in time. Contact a local office that distributes marriage licenses, usually these offices are in a city or county courthouse. Ask for the official ministry requirements before you permit someone to perform your ceremony, as these vary among states.

Contact your wedding venue for options. Resorts, hotels, and lodges are common places for wedding events. If you have booked your big day, ask an on-site planner or representative if on-site wedding officials are available. If not, he or she will be able to direct you to a company or person to perform your wedding ceremony. Wedding venue representatives are generally very knowledgeable about local options.


Photo Credits

  • Dynamic Graphics Group/Dynamic Graphics Group/Getty Pictures

About the Author

Crystal Lassen hails from Kansas City, Mo. and has been a book critic since 2008. Her reviews have appeared on the Publisher’s Weekly website and are largely worried with current events. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English with an emphasis in creative writing from The University of Kansas.

Related Articles

Popular Articles

More Articles

Copyright ©, Leaf Group Ltd., all rights reserved.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *